This school year has seen some great sporting achievements, both inside and outside of school, from a broad range of students. One of the biggest achievements is Walton High's year 7 and 8 girls’ football team. Over the years we have made it to many semi finals and some finals with the boys’ teams but the girls were the first football team from Walton High to win the county cup. The team breezed through the group stages to finally meet Stantonbury in the final. It was a close game but the girls scored again in the second half to secure victory to become county champions. The girls were undefeated throughout the whole tournament but face a harder challenge next year in the National Cup competition.
List of some of the achievements that the students have attained this year:
- FeeTeng Liew is the MK Schools year 8 girls’ Badminton Singles Champion.
- FeeTeng Liew and Ishana Vadera are the MK Schools year 8 girls’ Badminton Doubles Champions.
- Oliver Chapman is MK Schools year 7 boys’ Badminton Singles Champion.
- Oliver Chapman and Elliot Haigh is MK Schools year 7 boys’ Badminton Doubles Champions.
- Molly Chapman was runner up at the MK Schools year 7 girls’ Badminton Singles Tournament.
- Akhil Jageja was runner up at the MK Schools U18 Singles Badminton tournament.
- Akhil Jageja and Toby Oloni were runners up at the MK Schools Doubles Badminton tournament.
- U13 Girls are Football County Cup Champions 2012.
- Year 7 girls are MK Schools 5 a-side Football Champions.
- Year 9 girls are MK Schools 5 a-side Football Champions.
- Year 8 girls are MK Schools 5 a-side Football runners-up 2012.
- U16 Dodgeball team finished in 2nd place at the MK Schools Dodgeball tournament.
- U16 girls are MK Schools Basketball Champions.
- U18 Basketball team were runners up at the MK Schools Basketball tournament.
- YR11 student, Kim Aldred is U18 British Freestyle Kayak Champion. Also awarded “Most Improved Female” (across all ages) in the UK.
- Callum Yelland (Year 9) is Bucks U18 top ranked Pool player.
- Becky Porte (Post 16) has been pre-selected for the GB Paralympic Pistol Shooting team and is now on a programme to compete at Rio 2016.