For KS4 students to be able to access elements of the SRE curriculum
For students to understand the issues relating to sexual teenage relationships
To provide students with clear and trustworthy SRE information
To provide students with opportunities to ask relevant questions
To provide advice and guidance to students on SRE related topics
To support students in relationship related decision making
Teenage Kicks Outcomes
Back To Top
· Promote all types of reading as a cross-curricular literacy priority
· Promote reading for pleasure
· Promote reading as a shared experience
Last year Big Read journals were produced. This year students have been encouraged to continue with their reading in tutor time. We have had many Big Read activities taking place including the Readathon and Picnics.
Big Read Outcomes
For KS4 students to be able to access and develop enterprise skills
- To provide students with opportunties to work in a team and be creative
- To provide students with opportunities to develop their financial planning and understanding
- Students will develop their understanding of business and enterprise concepts
- Students to pitch their business concept
The aim of the day is to create a unique concept for a new theme park to be located in France. Students have to consider their target market, marketing budgets and plans, design and create a logo, brand and slogan.
To develop knowledge about each other through positive student relationships and dynamics
- Students will be able to listen effectively to each other
- Students will be able to confidently present a speech about an item that is important to them
- Students will have knowledge about the likes and interests of their peers
To produce a tutor group interpretation of the 7 Olympic and Paralympic Values.
(The values are: Friendship, Respect, Equality, Determination, Inspiration, Courage & Excellence)
All students will have:
- Engaged in learning about the history and importance of the Olympic & Paralympic games
- Contributed to the production of a whole tutor group project that best demonstrates one of the 7 values of the Olympic & Paralympic games and how these relate to their everyday life
- Worked independently and also developed group work skills
Some students will have:
- Take a lead in facilitating other students within the tutor group with their knowledge and understanding of key issues related to the Olympic & Paralympic games
- Be able to predict what might happen to the future of the Olympic & Paralympic games
- Take a lead in the creation of the whole tutor group project.
Final Unit Outcome:
- The tutor group ‘interpretation of values’ will be displayed in TUTOR BASES/with the best displayed around the school from September 2012
- Once completed – the ’interpretation of values’ will be handed to LEAD TUTORS – where a winner (s) will be decided for each house.
- The best ‘interpretation of values’ will be included in the Walton High Blog on the Get Set Network – an official site of the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games.